We hope everyone is safe and healthy as always, and though the date has recently passed; we’d like to extend the biggest Happy Mother’s day to ALL the mother’s reading this and around the world! Now, to the updates which again, will be short; yet very key and informative and important.
[Alpha, Beta, Manufacturing & Production]
- Everything has been triple and quadruple checked as promised, and our custom carrier board entered initial small batch production on 05/08/23! We are expecting to have our boards in hand for strategic component assembly, testing, and validation by NLT 06/01/23. We are now officially anticipating to finally begin initial Alpha road testing by middle to late June 2023.
- As a reminder, ALL DESIGN is 100% complete as well; which was wrapped up several weeks ago.
- Software has now reached an 89% completion status. As a reminder, this phase will run all the way up to official product release in order to test and optimize everything during this phase. Our team continues to stay on top of this critical piece of development. An ~1 week from today we will be releasing a look at the final version of our companion mobile application; giving you deeper insight into the design, functionality, and just how much work we’ve been putting into this portion of the project.
The next BIGGEST steps in our road to production are:
- Helmet tooling, internal pre-certification testing, official certifications, and helmet production. Though it took a little more extra time than we wanted, we are very proud to announce that: (1) we have finalized our manufacturing agreement; (2) tooling is commencing early next week! Again; as a final reminder, this is the largest driver of the release schedule (below). Our manufacturer is still committed to completing tooling and sample production within 60 days vs the previously mentioned 90 day window; which again means time shaved off of our overall production timeline.
- To reiterate last month’s statement, we will be jumping straight to Beta testing during the tooling/sample production process to get initial helmets in a number of your hands and so we can still garner that road test feedback we value from you all. Additional communications around planning for this will be released closer to that time; so more to come on this. Everyone will be notified via an update so you’ll know to check your inboxes and assist in coordination to keep things moving as swiftly as possible.
- Order fulfillment is now on target to begin accordingly after the tooling and certifications process & initial production, again; starting with the U.S. and then continuing internationally through the rest of the year. Given that the schedule has shifted a little more, slightly past our Q2 target, we will begin to ship as quickly as the helmets roll off the manufacturing line and are prepped through our quality control process.
[Full Schedule Reminder]
A NEW BEGINNING IS APPROACHING!
Thank you again sincerely from our entire team & the bottom of our hearts for your continued support, patience, and understanding. WITHOUT YOU this REALLY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE. WE ARE FOREVER GRATEFUL.
As always please message us with any questions—we will always be here for you. Stay blessed and stay safe.
-Team ICH (fully committed)