Happy Easter! We wish everyone well as always! Now, to the updates which will be short; yet very key and informative 😀
[Alpha, Beta, Manufacturing & Production]
- ALL HARDWARE is now 100% complete 🎉! This now includes our custom carrier board schematic design, BOM, and board design & layout. Our engineering team spent all of last week, and will spend a portion of this upcoming week triple and quadruple checking everything before initial small batch production (estimated to begin next week) for in house testing and validation. We are anticipating to finally begin initial Alpha road testing by the end of the month.
- As a reminder, ALL DESIGN is 100% complete as well; which was wrapped up several weeks ago.
- We are still in the middle of the Beta phase from a software perspective, but the good news is that software has now reached an 85% completion status. As a reminder, this phase will run all the way up to official product release in order to test and optimize everything during this phase. Our team is really on top of this critical piece of development.
As an on the next steps in our road to production are:
- Helmet tooling, internal pre-certification testing, official certifications, and helmet production are now slated to commence consecutively by 04/17. We are finalizing agreements to move forward with tooling this week with our manufacturing partner. The next big step is HERE NOW. As a final reminder, this is the largest driver of the release schedule (below). In last month’s sync meeting, our manufacturer has committed to completing tooling and sample production within 60 days vs the previously mentioned 60-90 day window; which means time shaved off of our overall timeline.
- To reiterate last month’s statement, we will be jumping straight to Beta testing during the tooling process to get initial helmets in a number of your hands and so we can still garner that road test feedback we value from you all. Additional communications around planning for this will be released even sooner now; so more to come on this. We will notify everyone selected via an update so you know to check your inboxes and assist in coordination and streamline to keep things moving as swiftly as possible.
- Order fulfillment is now on target to begin accordingly after the tooling and certifications process & initial production, again; starting with the U.S. & continue internationally through the rest of the year. Given that the schedule has shifted slightly past our Q2 target, we will begin to ship as quickly as the helmets roll off the manufacturing line and are prepped through our quality control process.
[Full Schedule Reminder]
WE ARE APPROACHING THE END, AS WELL AS A NEW BEGINNING!
Thank you again sincerely from our entire team for your continued support, patience, and understanding. WITHOUT YOU this would not have been possible, and we will be forever grateful.
As always please message us with any questions—we will always be here for you. Stay blessed and stay safe.
-Team ICH (fully committed)