We hope that is doing well! This will be a small but informative update, so let’s jump right in.
[Alpha, Beta, Manufacturing & Production]
- Custom Carrier Board: Our custom carrier board schematic design and updated BOM are now at 100% completion. We have now moved to the final stage which is board design and layout. That is underway and on track to be completed for review by 03/13; then onto the next step which is initial small batch production for in house testing and validation. As a recap our manufacturer is ready to run through a rapid prototyping process to have the boards back in our team’s hands ~1-2 weeks from start date. We are anticipating that start date to begin on or around 03/20/23. From there we test and verify functionality, and then we can then begin our Alpha & Beta road testing phases thereafter. New estimated dates on our Alpha & Beta testing can be found below in our overall schedule update.
- As a reminder, all other hardware has been 100% finalized and there are no current remaining hardware changes.
- There are no additional design updates as all design changes were completed and wrapped up several weeks ago.
- We are in the middle of the Beta phase from a software perspective, and as reminder; this phase will run all the way up to official product release. There are still a number of things to be optimized and completed during this phase, and we’re on top of it.
- The majority of the Beta phase software development has been progressing very well, but we have had a few hiccups that we’ve needed to address. One specific and critical one is related to the proper Bluetooth-to-mobile-device initial connection, performance and stability, and auto-reconnection. We were able to pivot quickly in identifying an expert in this area and the solution has been identified and currently being tested rigorously; which is on track for completion by the end of this week. This of course is just one example of just how things change in the development of a product such as ours, and we want to ensure that we’re being transparent with our backers.
The next steps in our road to production are:
- Helmet tooling, internal pre-certification testing, official certifications, and helmet production are slated to commence consecutively; now estimated for some time next week. We’ve had some scheduling issues with our manufacturers engineering team that have now been resolved. We have a final sync meeting scheduled this week for project sign-off in order to move forward. As a reminder, this is the largest driver of the release schedule below; with a 60-90 day completion time from date of commencement.
- Order fulfillment is now on target to begin some time in May starting with the U.S., and will continue internationally through the rest of the year. Given that the schedule has shifted slightly past our Q2 target, we will begin to ship as quickly as the helmets roll off the manufacturing line and are prepped through our quality control process.
- We will be jumping straight to Beta testing during the tooling process to get initial helmets in a number of your hands and so we can still garner that road test feedback we value from you all. Additional communications around planning for this will be released over the next month. We will notify everyone selected via an update so you know to check your inboxes and assist in coordination and streamline to keep things moving as swiftly as possible.
[Full Schedule Reminder]
THE NEW BEGINNING WE’VE BEEN WORKING HARD FOR IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!
Thank you sincerely for your continued support, patience, and understanding. We could not have done what we’re doing WITHOUT YOU.
That new chapter for ICH is on the horizon and quickly approaching. As always please message us with any questions—we’re always here for you. Stay blessed and stay safe.
-Team ICH (fully committed)