We hope that all are in good health and safe. Okay, let’s get to it.
Disclaimer: while this update is titled 10.2, it unfortunately does not include yet what we were hoping to show at this juncture; that is now being included in our 11.0 update that is scheduled to release by 01/15/23.
[Alpha, Beta, Manufacturing & Production]
- ToF Proximity Sensors: The updated design has been finalized and is with our helmet manufacturer for final comments prior to tooling commencement.
- Custom Carrier Board: Our custom carrier board schematic and hardware design are still at 99%, and due to be completed by 01/09/23. Our initial prototype production of our custom carrier board will begin around the time of design completion, which will then run through a rapid prototyping process and be back in our team’s hands ~1 week from start date. From there we test and verify functionality, and then we can then begin our Alpha Testing phase and our Beta testing thereafter. Estimated time dates on our Alpha & Beta testing can be found below in our overall schedule update.
- All other hardware has been 100% finalized and there are no remaining hardware changes.
One updates in this area around the following:
- All design has been completed and wrapped up, and there are no remaining design changes.
Software development continues to be the longest pole in the tent with a number of complications, but we have overcome those complications. We’ve made some significant advancements in critical areas which have allowed us to mitigate larger development costs and stay on our current schedule. All software development is on track to meet our mid-late March/beginning of April product release. Proof of this WILL be shown even more in our critical Update 11, which is again scheduled to be released by 01/15. We were working hard to get it out before the new year, but we had a team member COVID incident that caused us to lose a week of development in key areas.
The next steps in our road to production are:
- Helmet tooling, internal pre-certification testing, official certifications, and helmet production are slated to commence consecutively; in the next 1-2 weeks. This is the largest driver of the release schedule below; with a 60-90 day completion time from date of commencement.
- Order fulfillment is now on target to begin mid-late March/early April beginning with the U.S., and will continue internationally through the rest of the year.
[Full Schedule Reminder]
What to Expect in Update 11
- Helmet tear down and walkthrough
- Actual hands on road test vlog review
- Front action camera displaying and recording in 4k@60FPS
- Rear cameras displaying 240 degree FOV and recording at 60FPS
- Voice commands controlling: front camera recording, taking a picture, system volume control, and our voice assistant “Hey Ari” wake command to control and interact with your mobile devices native voice assistant and functionalities (e.g., placing a call, playing music, checking the weather, listening to your daily news readout, and more!)
All promised helmet features will be on display for this update, and we are extremely excited to show you what you can expect from an iC-R Smart Motorcycle Helmet experience.
WE ARE BRINGING THIS HOME FOR YOU ALL!!!
Thank you for your continued support and patience. We really could not have gotten to where we are without each of you. We have shown that we are doing what we set out to do and promised we would, and we’re in it until it’s done; fully committed.
The completion of this initial release is just the beginning. As always please message us with any questions—we’re always here for you. Stay blessed and stay safe.
Oh we almost forgot. We’ve made some really great and needed updates to our website to improve the look, speed, and overall experience. We also made changes to ensure our website speaks to ICH as a company as much as we speak about our current flagship product. So head on over to intelligentcraniumhelmets.com and check things out!